16 Feb 2022
Senior Accountant who is on the path to becoming a chartered accountant
WHO WE WANT
Dedicated achievers: People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure that the project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Detail-oriented process improvers: Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
Collaborative partners: People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous Improvement in functions.
Analytical Problem Solvers: People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive solutions.
Goal-oriented developers: Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people Who deliver accurate and robust solutions.
Customer Service Oriented: People who put the customer and their satisfaction above the need Of their own while maintaining professionalism.
The successful candidate will:
• Manage posting of all accounting transactions into SAGE 50 (Peach Tree) and QuickBooks Accounting Software
• Prepare and file appropriate monthly statutory and annual returns (GCT & Payroll returns)
• Prepare monthly statements of financial position and statements of comprehensive income
• Complete bank reconciliation
• Prepare year end audit schedules
• Completed ACCA Level 2, BSc.in Accounting OR equivalent and at least 1 year experience in a similar position.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including International Accounting Standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications • Proficiency in Sage 50 and QuickBooks Accounting Software.
• Professional and mature demeanor with ability to interact with employees and clients. • Keen attention to details and excellent analytical skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills and high levels of initiative.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Sound time management and organizing skills.
• Ability to work on your own
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit their Application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, February 28, 2022.
We thank all interested applicants; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.